zaterdag 2 september 2023

My life as an amateur. Part 64.

I am invited for an Artist-in-Residence. That never happened before. It will be a week in autumn and it is  Borrowed Spaces. So the Arist-in-Residence will borrow some space from someone else, a studio from another artist in this particular case. I am stalking this artist on social media and she happens to be a performing artist, dancing on deep earthly soundscapes, actually making rather unexpected movements. I like unexpected movements. Maybe I will write more, on the occasion and play the drums now and then.

I recognized myself in the child in the four hour video artwork STOP by Jeff Preis. STOP. Continue. J’entre, on me salue. Thàt is the biggest present. Tu entres, on te salue. It is nice not to mind that much. Not to say anything. Today. But one gesture, like a stroke of a brush.

Yesterday I ended in Hoek van Holland. I used to go there by bike with my best friend. It was an hour driving and I had a large posture these days. Nevertheless I was wearing shorts with a checkered Scottish pattern. I do not recollect myself on the beach in a bathing suit or whatsoever.

I like the side products of my work best. Eventually I will make only side products. And have an empty studio with white walls. I am reading several books at the time. One of them is a French grammar book, it’s my favorite because of the short exemplary sentences like.

Francesca Woodman; as if wearing her skin inside out, making herself the only subject of her work.

My English is getting worse. I should talk more to people, prepared. Parmi la foule. 

Parmi la foule. La plupart d’entre vous.

Par politesse 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten