zaterdag 14 september 2024

Parmi la foule. Episode 19.

 I actually think it is very nice for me to be an amateur in life, in art, in actually everything. When one is an amateur, one just do the ‘thing’ when one is in for it. Today we went for an hour drive through the mountains for a ‘vide-grenier’ in a very nice village, we found a blender for our daughter, two Levi’s and one vintage corduroy trousers, and a pair of Crocs for one euro. When I was rummaging through some trousers a lady told me they were men’s. I said that for me it didn’t matter because of my gender neutrality. She answered that people here are more nice then not nice. So that’s great. We went for half an hour to another mountain, a one way village, Leotoing, with a beautiful half-ruined castle. The vide-grenier was very small but nice, I even had a small conversation in French about the great atmosphere. They even had a jazz playlist on an amplifier. I bought a vintage shirt and a pair of Crocs, both for two euros. I am not sure if this all that interesting. At last we went for another medieval village of which the abbey had some abstract glass windows. The parking place was loaded, for the first time of all the times we noticed some American tourists in France. In Normandy there will probably be more. I bought a The North Face windstopper for our son from an Australian lady who was astonished by the mental wellness consultancy in the Dutch company of our daughter. I care less and less about the opinion of others. I try to behave as a decent person, be nice to other people. But when someone is miscalculating my opinions, my thoughts ( which is extremely impossible), I get a little tacky. Like our landlord, he thinks we shouldn’t have children, and they should not fly. And every morning around eight we were asleep, he says, but I was running and A. was showering. We should try to get away from the Netherlands, into nature, stay or become vegetarian. We are not trying hard enough to save the planet. I am not coming back here, he thinks he knows best too much.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten